Reg Kennedy

/ #13 Solution for the 231K/231

04.01.2014 13:53

Once again we have to explain why the bus 231K is so necessary, despite the J37 becoming 237.

HSL has stated that there is only a short walk from Kyläkirkontie to Turuntie, but so many elderly people live in this area. For them, that "short" walk from Turuntie is too much because it is uphill. It was bad enough when the 231K was withdrawn on Sundays; now it has been withdrawn on Saturdays also. For many, this means that many are unable to use public transport after about 1800 on weekdays (when the 237 stops) and never on Saturdays and Sundays.

As we've stressed several times, the 231K gave a vital direct link to Helsinki.

Could I offer a solution which would mean only a small change to your plan?

At present, the 231 and 231N from Helsinki leave Turuntie at Mäkkylänpuistoite and go to Leppävaara via Kehä 1 and the tunnel. There is a long stretch where there are no residents. Very few people get on the bus in the tunnel. Similarly,on the return journey.

Could I suggest that the 231 and 231N go via BOTH Mäkkylänpuistotie and Sotarovastintie so that residents along both could be served. e.g.

Pitäjänmäen asema Pitäjänmäentie 1525
Henrikintie
Sotarovastintie
Mäkkylänpuistotie
Turuntie
Leppävaaran keskus

Leppävaaran keskus
Turuntie
Mäkkylänpuistotie
Sotarovastintie
Henrikintie Pitäjänmäentie 1800
Pitäjänmäen asema

I trust that you will see the logic of this and make the changes as soon as possible..

Thank you

Yours

Reg Kennedy Taavinkuja 6A 5 00370 Helsinki Finland (+358)(0)50 542 5555 +358 9 561 2993