Pelastetaan 16-vuotiaiden oikeus kansanopistovuoteen!

Pomppa Wuollet

/ #266 An American Perspective

15.05.2014 08:58

It's been an experience of a lifetime, cliche, but true. I've learned more about myself in this one year alone than all of my other years on this planet combined, because of the people, the moments, the activities, the conversations and discussions, and the overall atmosphere of not only being at opisto, but the time in Finland. It's allowed me to learn about who I am as a person, a citizen, an adult, a son, a brother, and a friend. To more fully understand, and more importantly, develop who I am physically, and mentally, socially and spiritually..

Being away from home has also given me the chance to fully realize the value of my family and it's incredible importance in my life. The opisto's staff and students have become a second family to me, and to be honest, helped me cope with the ever increasing amount of how much I truly miss my own family as the year progressed. I've made so many great friends, met so many great families, had so many great times, learned so many great things, but perhaps the greatest thing I've gained socially, is the increase in the ability to do all of those things. And I don't know if I would have gained all of of this had I not had this opportunity at Opisto, in Finland, all I know is that I truly have gained all of this.

All in all, it's incredibly difficult to fully put it into words as to what this year has meant to me, as the most treasured things I've gained here are things you can't give a grade for, a gold star for, or a certificate of participation for. They're intangible, yet priceless. So the only thing I can really say, is thank you. Thank you all...