Uusi käännös Tampereen Teatterin Les Misiin

Ota yhteyttä adressin tekijään

Tämä viestiketju on automaattisesti luotu adressista Uusi käännös Tampereen Teatterin Les Misiin.

keksi

#1 Kyllä!

26.05.2012 09:12

Kannatetaan! En tunne alkuperäistekstiä kovin hyvin, mutta suomennos on ihan jo sanoituksina ymmärrettävyydeltään melko ala-arvoinen. Sanajärjestykset ovat jopa suomen kielelle liian epäluonnollisia eikä tekstistä ehdi kuunnellessa ymmärtää, mitä hahmo oikein haluaa sanoa, ja lukiessakin joutuu ensin järjestelemään sanat mielessään. Tahatonta koomisuutta on vaikka muille jakaa ja käännöksen tyyli ei vastaa alkuperäislyriikoita vaan asiallisissakin kohdissa on kummallisia alatyylisyyksiä.
adenydd

#2 To whom it may concern,

31.05.2012 23:49

I am an American Les Miserables fan writing on behalf of my fellow fans in Finland. I am also a linguistics student who enjoys learning about and listening to other languages. I am excited to know that there will be a new Finnish-language production of Les Mis. However, it is well-known within the Finnish theatre community that the libretto is one that is poorly-translated, and I write to highlight the importance of using a good translation.

The importance of a good translation cannot be understated. The job of the translator is to transfer a message from one language to another, while taking into account the implied subtext of the original and nuances of the target language. This includes familiarity with the use of expressions, idioms, and slang, as well as different registers, speaking styles, and sociocultural contexts. An ideal translation sounds natural and not stilted, and is easy for the reader or listener to understand. Additionally, the best translators have extensive knowledge in both the source language and the target language.

In the world of theatre, a good translation is of particular importance because words guide the viewer through the story. A poor translation can easily cause confusion within the audience. Futhermore, dialogue is one of the ways in which the audience connects with the characters onstage. Failure to accurately represent the thoughts and feelings of the players may hinder emotional investment in the story. Language-learners such as young children and foreigners will also benefit from the use of a good translation, as will the theatre itself -- a good translation will leave a positive impression, particularly on those familiar with the source material.

Finding a good translation is not always easy, but it has many advantages. I encourage Tampereen Teatterin to look into alternative translations for their new production.

Thank you for your time,
Margot L

Kirjoittaja on poistanut viestinsä (Näytä tarkemmat tiedot)

03.06.2012 23:43

Coach

#4 Re: EI.

02.12.2012 15:23

#1: keksi - Kyllä!

Ensinnäkin teksti on Englannissa tarkistettu ja hyväksytty. Toiseksi, jos lauletaan ilman tekstin sisällön (ajatukset, tarkoitukset, tunteet) vaatimia fraseerauksia, kuulostaa mikä tahansa käännös surkealta. Laulajien olisi syytä tässä maassa tehdä rutkasti enemmän töitä tekstin suhteen. Tietäisin tukun aivan muita musikaalikäännöksiä, joihin olisi syytä puuttua adressien muodossa. Virtanen - Drews ovat tehneet upeaa työtä.

BobbyW

12.09.2013 05:45

Komppaan tässä nimimerkki "Coachia":
Juuri Tampereen version nähneenä voin vain hehkuttaa Virtasen ja Drewsin hienoa käännöstyötä! Käännös on oivaltavaaa ja paikoin jopa nerokasta nykysuomen sanajuhlaa, jossa kuulijan ei tarvitse hakea tekstin ydintä ylitsepursuavien koruilmaisujen välistä! Hyvä Jukka ja Kristiina!